Liam has been doing really well feeding himself but of course it's still a work in progress but we are making some more progress with using his spork & Big Boy Cups lately.
He's been able to stab at his pancakes successfully enough that he can actually get some food in his mouth with his spork! I let him eat each meal with a utensil in his hand but he's best at using it during breakfast. The hardest part for him at the moment is getting the food on the spork but he has pretty good success getting to his mouth - he was using a short cut & just taking it off the spork with his hand and then shoving it in his mouth but now he's doing quite well at putting it in his mouth off the spork!
He is constantly asking for water/drinks lately & he's increasingly asking for drinks in regular (kiddie) cups with no sippy lids. He's very good at drinking, with some assistance, but lately he's been not wanting the assistance and he's been pushing our hands away. You can imagine the outlook of these attempts but he is quite adept at it since I don't give him much to sip on at a time. He's no where near drinking from a cup for his Milk Cups but water is working out well, if not a bit messy for him.
He's down to drinking only, on average, two of his Milk Cups from bottles daily. I start his day off with a bottle but he usually gets 2-3 sippy cups throughout the day depending on his schedule! I also tend to give him his big 7 oz. bottle of milk in a bottle (not sippy) cause that's an awful lot to "handle" in a bottle as opposed to a sippy.
It's a slow process, of course, but we are getting there! I'm not pushing him towards total independence here as he still is my Little Big Boy but I do want him to learn his new skills & practice at being self-reliant in some areas.
Now if only he would change his own mid-morning poopy diapers - that's a new skill set I could get behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment