Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Listener Supported – Liam Approved

On Saturday when Daddy went to play soccer and it was too cold for us to venture out with him to watch, I decided to put on a DMB DVD to see what Liam’s reaction would be…he was ENRAPTURED. Loved every single second of it & enthusiastically approved of the many close ups of Dave (would SMILE and giggle) and he appears to be a Roi fan! He sat on my lap and just watched & listened. It was so darling! The good thing about the gas fireplace is the reflective glass covering it, you can watch his reflection in it (and see what Daddy’s up to in the kitchen!) without having to be in front of him. It was just too cute. I wonder if all the times of us listening & the four shows he went to had any effect? Like was he thinking, “FINALLY! So THAT’S what that guy looks like!” and “isn’t he funny when he dances?” Carter or Stefan didn’t get much of a reaction out of him and Boyd started to gain his attention later into the show, but for the time being he’s ALL about Dave & Roi.

His favorite song, BY FAR, is Rhyme & Reason, not the BEST song for a baby but he just goes batshit crazy for it. I had to play it again for Daddy to see & his little legs were stuck straight out, feet jamming & squeals were being emitted at top decibel. So Rhyme & Reason, it is. I was a little bummed that Satellite wasn’t on the set list ONLY for the reason of wanting to see what his reaction would be to someone singing it who sounds decent and to discover that there’s more than one verse. Of course, he really like PNP intro and then was pleasantly surprised with Rapunzel – I wish I could have captured it on film but I didn’t want to risk putting him down and sitting on his own only for him to start crying and then ruin the moment for him (and the picture!) so I left him alone with his new found joy.

It was really fun to watch him react to The Boys – he really got a kick out of it – and the smiles to prove it! I was joking that Listener Supported would be on Saturdays, GORGE on Sundays…you get the picture…but I’m not at all afraid to throw one in if he decides he’s going to get fussy on me & we are out of things to do!

No comments: