So, I’m only a week behind in writing his 4 month old birthday entry…we’ve been a tad busy! To defend myself further I would like remind y’all that we went to AoE for Matias’ 30th birthday over Veteran’s Day weekend, then my sister, Auntie Leanne, came to visit between jobs on that Monday and stayed till Friday (YAY for bad weather!) THEN grandma & grandpa came for Thanksgiving on Tuesday and on that weekend I had my CM Open House and a book club meeting. And I survived. And more importantly so did Liam!
So enough explaining my absence away – let’s move onto Liam’s 4 Month Gush Fest, shall we?
As I mentioned above, we’ve been traveling and had some company the past couple of weeks and Liam took it all in stride – he LOVED having family over & visiting with everyone. He hammed it up for all the grandparents – we have a video of him laughing his adorable little head off for Poppa (which is what Daddy now wants to be called), he kissed Grandma all over her face until she was covered in sweet baby drool, and I think we mastered the “driving long distances in a car” issue – leave after his bedtime with his jammies on and after a nice warm bath.
He’s growing in leaps and bounds right now that it’s hard to remember everything he has accomplished or has started to accomplish!
I thought he was starting to have a tooth break through cause I found a tiny dot of blood on his gums one morning and rushed to call everyone with the news and then NOTHING! But those days surrounding the Blood Dot were tough days on him and I do still think he is in the starting phase of teething. He didn’t quite know what to think of the berry flavored Baby OraGel (why is it flavored? He has no idea what a berry is or even what a FLAVOR is beyond Pimp Juice…) and made some amusing faces when I was applying it to his little baby gums. He is chewing on his fists like a mad man & proceeds to gag himself almost every time which has led me to keep a bibbie on him almost all the time so that we can attempt to catch the vomit he gags up.
He LOVES LOVES LOVES his monster of an activity center. Smiles and wiggles and swivels himself the whole time just chilling and squealing and learning. You can SEE him analyzing his options on how to make things work & he’s mastered everything but the “move the ball over the arched plastic thingie” and the fact that he hasn’t mastered it yet is starting to frustrate him. He’s the type of thinker who studies how it works and then stares at it before just making it happen and since it’s taking him longer to make this one work, I can see the frustration and sometimes hear it on his face. The Cow is still his favorite but the Lion is a close second (he likes the ROAR). He still works out in his gym in the morning, doing his morning stretches. He plays mostly with his feet during this time, so I take them out of his PJs to give him ultimate access to those monkey toes of his. I’ve never seen a baby who can so easily spread his toes – I cannot even separate my big toe independently of the rest of them – but he has yet to shove them in his mouth. Maybe it is because his fist is always in there? And sometimes, it’s both fists at the same time. He is a DROOL MACHINE when he is in his activity center for some reason.
He is pulling himself up into sitting position really well these days! And if he’s in your lap leaning back he can basically do it all on his own now! And his newest trick is to lean all the way forward and roll onto his back. Sometimes I think he’s bringing his mouth to his feet instead of his feet to his mouth which I keep telling him is the hard way to go about doing that but, already, he isn’t listening to his Mommy.
He is still quite the little Cat Napper but will take longer naps when he is sleeping with Poppa – go figure. And, of course, after we’ve been out and about or after company leaves he can nap like a pro. He does really like his stroller & likes walking around the mall or outside – this almost always leads to a 2 hour nap – which makes Mommy want to shop more or take him on walks!
Grandma & Grandpa bought him his Bumbo seat and he’s still figuring it out to an extent. The first time he was in it he listed all the way over and then we realized that he took a major poopie. Then the second time, he did the same thing. We joked that he must think he’s on the potty! So now instead of Matias putting him in his backpack while he cooks dinner, he sets him on the kitchen island in his Bumbo seat and Liam watches, totally enthralled, as Poppa cooks! He loved being in his backpack while Poppa cooks & it’s really cute to watch him peek over his shoulder to check out what he is doing.
The cats are really becoming interested in him since he is becoming more active & Monkey is getting a lot braver around him – even coming into bed with the 3 of us and letting Liam “pet” him. Petting usually involves pulling his ears & grabbing his tail, but Monkey is such a gentle little boy that he doesn’t mind this at all, in fact, he’s even licked him a few times! Mystic still jumps up on the couch for a short cuddle with us when we are nursing & Liam has started “tracking” her movements when she passes by him. It’s cute to watch him crane his neck to see her walk around him and swivel his activity center to track her. She will still retreat to her bag when he starts crying though!
In addition to his fist shoving, Liam has also started sucking his thumb more regularly now! Yesterday he napped successfully without his chupie and I think we are going to keep that going and only put him down for the night with it and slowly wean him off of it, hopefully. I’d rather have a thumb sucker cause as my mom says “they can’t lose their thumb”! He’s also REALLY discovered his hands – not just for grabbing things cause he’s been doing that for a while – but he EXAMINES his fingers and hands all the time now, and it’s just adorable to watch. But let’s face it; I think just about everything he does is adorable to watch.
He is also scrunching his nose when he smiles – which IS just damn adorable. And he does NOT like it when I talk or anyone talks to me while we are nursing – he cuts his eyes at me and PULLS off. And I think it’s funny. Until he hurts me, then not so funny anymore. He is also blowing raspberries and loving to be kissed all over. After you smother him he then covers you in Liam Kisses and leaves you a wet goopy mess and he just LOVES it. He smiles all the time. He’s just the Happiest Baby Ever. He gives his smiles away pretty easy but the laughs take some work – if you happen to know the Super Secret Special Sound to make him lose his mind then you can make him laugh from another room but otherwise you’ll just be blessed with the sideways smile and nose scrunching.
He stands up SO well these days! He’s getting so strong & agile & I feel like it’s all happening so fast! When he has tummy time on Mommy he doesn’t like to keep his arms up in position but when he does he is accomplishing his baby push-ups and pushing his legs and butt into the air!
Liam is a little cuddler, as most little boys tend to be, but for me it’s just the sweetest part of him growing up – the Mommy Hugs. He just snuggles right into you and I can smoother him with kisses all atop his head and neck and squishy cheeks & he LETS ME!
Like I said, there’s so much changing and developing these days that it’s overwhelming and hard to recapture in a monthly wrap-up so I’m going to try and be better about posting more often so that I can help myself remember all these moments with Liam.
No comments:
Post a Comment