Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday Things Only Mothers Know!

First off, I'm here! I'm alive! I'm busy! I'm tired from staying up too late with my Olympic obsession!
  1. Sometimes it is OK to let your child push another child back. Especially if that child has pushed your child more than a handful of times in less than 30 minutes. Double especially if a few of those times we at the top of cement stairs.
  2. Sometimes you have to have your child say goodbye to their favorite fish, Molly, before going noni cause it looks like Molly is about to take The Big Noni herself.
  3. Sometimes it is OK for you to let your child watch Winnie the Pooh before going to bed, all dressed up in their pajamas, cuddled on the couch in the dark with you. Because you know this doesn't last much longer. And he likes it just as much as you do.
  4. Sometimes you find yourself thinking of ways to use maple syrup in more recipes just so that your child might eat something else slathered in his new favorite food group.
  5. Sometimes you wish your husband might go into the office so that your son might turn to you and say (again) "Dada go work, monies. Bye-bye Dada's car". Cause, wow, that's a mouthful.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I second #3! Sometimes it's just what we need at the end of a long day to make both of us feel better. And like you said, the snuggling won't last much longer.