Friday, August 29, 2008

Another rousing edition of "Dude, if I cry about this..."

In today's special report on "Dude, if I cry about this...", Mama will expound on her beaming pride over her child going in the bouncy Princess castle all on his own.

Liam is not has not been a fan of the inflatables. Truth be told, I think they must be overwhelming to kids; they are loud, big & enclosed. Not to mention the giant 7 year olds running in and out of them non-stop. Fear of being trampled is a legitimate fear, people.

But today, today we went in all by ourselves. Multiple times! I went in with him twice and then he just up and climbed in and bouncy-bounced around and threw himself out on his own. And then proceeded to climb back in again!

I believe 3 is the magic number for Liam; it takes him 3 visits to have a go at it on his own (and enjoy it. Cause let's face it, he didn't enjoy being tossed in there with me), it takes him 3 classes before harnessing the idea of Circle time, etc. etc.

I am so proud of him. And yes, I did tear up standing outside that pink Princess castle. My little boy did it all on his own. Yes, that just might be lame (don't you even say PMS to me right now) but this little independent boy of ours is growing up & I LOVE IT! I love the high fives I was getting when he would come out instead of the NO!NO!MAMA! of yesteryear and Koala Kling to my mid-section.

So I bought him a Twizzler snack pack from the vending machine on our way out :)


No comments: