Friday, April 18, 2008

So excited!

Nana & Grandpa are coming this weekend & they are bringing Liam's belated Christmas present with them! It's belated because it wasn't "seasonal" when Christmas time was upon us but last time we were at Camp Carolina we went & picked it out and now they are bringing it up with them! I'm so very, very excited to get it set up & I cannot wait to see Liam's face when we bring him down to play with it!!!


He is going to be SO over the moon about this! His very own slide! In his very own backyard! When we moved into this house, I was so giddy about having my new bebe grow up with a backyard in his very first home, I felt so lucky to be able to give this to him. And he loves it too! And now, thanks to Nana & Grandpa he will have a fantastic Woodland Climber in his very own backyard!

This means so much to me; the ability to open the door & just have something for him to play with that he will love. It gets kind of boring kicking around one ball outside, you know? Then we can wash up & bring out his water table since, hopefully, Spring has really, truly arrived & the warm (85 degrees right now!) weather is here to stay! We've got his tarp to put up also & I want to get him some more little outdoor appropriate toys for him to destroy play with; like a dump truck and wagon to store his toys in! We broke out the bubbles last night & now they have taken a spot in the constant rotation of Things Liam Wants to do Right Now; already had to make the rule that There are No Bubbles After Dark! We've already been out twice this morning to blow more too!

My mood has been fantastic the last two days because of the weather & the excitement that it brings for me, I love being a mother to a little boy who just has to go, all the time, it feels me with so much enthusiasm for everything, it's almost disturbing! I love watching him run around in his shorts & buying him new sandals & teaching how to blow bubbles & not eat bubbles. And watching him discover his camp fire set yesterday was like being a child again myself; he had to examine each and every piece one at a time & then played with them all together so thrilled with each new piece he encountered. It's such a charming thing to watch him discover things.

I also want to get him a kite & a little sprinkler sprayer thing for him to play with.

I'm so excited that my parents get to share in all this fun-ness too! They will get such a kick out of watching him explore & exclaim his delight over his new "stuff"!

Come on Spring, come on weekend! Mama cannot wait much longer!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I am Jonesing for a Liam Update!