Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Meet The Loopholer

My son seems to have inherited my most favorite (rolls eyes) trait from his father (it's only 'father' when it's something bad, btw!) - he finds every single loophole there is and exploits it to no end.

Now, I'm sure every kid goes through this phase (it's a phase, right!?!?!) but if he doesn't look just like his father whenever he attempts it, I would think otherwise. It's like I'm watching Matias trying to get one over on me. And let me tell you, that gig was up YEARS ago, my friends. There is no pulling any such thing past me but whoa does this Fellow of mine sure try.

He is no longer allowed to freely roam around our bathroom and he knows this. BUT he will sit right outside the door, and scoot backwards inch by tiniest of inches until he just happens to have moved himself completely into the bathroom. The look on his face the entire time is very much I wonder how I keep getting closer to this place I know I'm not supposed to be, how does this keep happening? Scoot, scoot, wonder, wonder, scoot. Also he will throw a ball, typically a cat toy, in there because you know he's not supposed to throw things without going to retrieve them so in essence he is not doing anything Wrong.

LOOPHOLER.

Same thing with the stairs to downstairs when Dada is working - he throws anything he can get his hands on with the excuse of going to get it. And trust me, he knows he isn't supposed to go down there when Dada is working, but he will find a way that is legitimate if not approved of at his juncture.

Same thing with going outside in the back - there are times when that is just not going to happen - be it falling rain, freezing cold, or dark of night. My little Loopholer will beckon the cats to come hither so that he might unlock and open the door for THEM to go out. He's not really opening it for himself, but simply so that the cats might enjoy the night air or perhaps relieve themselves outside as Mystic is want to do.

I often wonder if there is some hidden audience he turns to after accomplishing each Loophole and gives them a sly wink or a brisk nod of the head before being noticed by us Unsuspecting Adults. Little boy, let me tell you a little something, Mama has been dealing with The Loophole for many years now & is fully versed in your LiamLogic Loopholer Ways and will not be fooled, tricked or look how cute he is-ed out of recognizing the gig as soon as you hit play.

I'm sure it's been fun while it lasted but your time is up, Little Loopholer, I'm so onto you; you won't be able to scoot backwards fast enough.

Smooches to my Loopholer, Mama loves you anyways :)

No comments: