The in-flight 737 Safety Instruction brochure! He loved reading it - loves the water involved in the emergency water landing, the emergency slides, the water landing information, all the plane pictures - he just loved every single thing about it. So we both stole one and shoved them in our bags.
And now he has to read it every time before we go to bed. He points out all the water, all the slides, all the planes & is so very excited about it all! It's so cute to watch him unfold his brochure and point every thing out and have it rest on his tummy - he actually kicks his feet up in the air to prop the tri-fold up so he can read it better!
This is not the same one we have but I failed to find the matching one...It's really amusing to me the things these kids pick to latch on to - he goes through these phases of his favorite things not really being toys or for babies to play with but yet there isn't anything wrong with them so we just play along. I'm sure years down the road he will be in therapy discussing how his mother & father used to read Safety Instruction manuals to him before bedtime & somehow we caused major duress to him regarding in case of emergency your seat cushion will double as a flotation device circumstances but until that time comes, I will be his favorite flight attendant!
Culling from MY issues with planes, bridges & heights, I would like to note that reading from the Safety Manual is much more humane and not as apt to cause long term damage as say yelling while crossing a draw-bridge that THE BRIDGE IS UP OH MY GOD WE HAVE TO FLOOR IT AND JUMP IT THE BRIDGE IS UP WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!! Cause, Grandpa, I'm looking at you & sending you the bill for my therapy and vertigo ;)
2 comments:
This is funny! I love that he loves this!!! Last time we traveled Matthew was also enthralled with this document. Must be something about the little boxes like comic strips?
And seriously about the draw bridge because okay that is funny too but I mean you know in a funny serious sort of way... Okay NOT funny at all ;)
So do I tell you about being put on top of the fridge or on top of DOORS? It is quite fun to read the manual to him and tonight he added that the man is Dada & the lady is Mama :)
Post a Comment