When Liam has a fever the only true way for us to get a good reading to do the good old rectal reading. He's very well behaved throughout, as opposed to when we try the "easier" oral & pit method so we just continue on with the bum-shot.
Since he's had a few fevers lately, we've taken his temperature a lot. I keep his thermometer up on a shelf above his changing table to keep it out of his reach & safely with in mine when the need arises.
Sometimes he stands up on his table (sit down! now!) & reaches for things up there - most everything he can "play" with so it's not a big deal and he knows they stay up there when we are done with changing his pants. He's learned that the thermometer is up there recently though & I learned recently that he knows how to take his own temperature!
He will actually attempt to put it in his little bum! He, thankfully, misses every time but ends up gouging his boy parts & stabbing around in that general area. And that just never seems pleasant to me, but stab away he does!
I think it's quite amusing (it's the little things that get me through the day) that he knows enough & watched us closely enough to understand how to administer the thermometer himself! I wish though that he wasn't so rough when poking around down there ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment