Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Baby Proofing

The baby gates are up after having to make a trip to the store to get those blasted extenders...which cost just shy of 1/2 the cost of the gate! What a racket!

I love them so far though because they didnt take any tools to install, and I did it with limited curse words & of course, because they function properly.

The cats are having a few issues - Monkey stalked the gate & tried to get through, under, over, around it multiple times (this is the one going upstairs) until I couldnt take it anymore and just shoved him through the banisters. Mystic watched the whole time from the dining room table so I'm assuming she took notes & will have no problem with going through the banister rungs...I REALLY dont need her trying to jump it.

I also put the socket covers on the other day - who knew we had so many outlets. Dont get me wrong, I know Liam would find them quicker than we would! And I also bought the cabinet locks for the kitchen. I'm not installing those though cause I just think they look like a pain in the ass & I'm not about to struggle with that :) I've put his Office, House, and gates together with no help, I think this is a good time for someone to do something on *their* own, dont you think?!

And sadly, I do think the best way to figure out what exactly needs baby proofing in your house is to just let them go for it - hear me out - you never see things the same way as a baby & what's interesting to them, you've probably been blind to for decades! Now, I'm not saying he's a walking crawling (BEEP!BEEP!) crash test dummy but it sure helps to see what he's going to go for & then just take care of it :) Like all those silly tags on those plastic pouches your sheets come in that state "this is not a toy"...who would have guessed that out of 5420375 toys in front of him he has to BEEP!BEEP! crawl and find the one thing that's not supposed to even be out. So I didnt let him put it on his head. I gave it to Monkey to play with. And then I wonder why he cant figure out how to get around a gate.

No comments: