Thursday, January 11, 2007

Alrighty then.

Yesterday was a tough day on Liam & me - he fought every nap, cried while playing with his toys, cried lying down, cried sitting up, fussed at nursing, but did well with his 'food' - just a tough day.

He went down for his last nap at 5:30pm and didnt wake up until 3:30am. WHAT? He went down in his clothes but thankfully I had nursed him (as much as he would 'allow') before his "nap". He did wake up around 10:30 but didnt utter a PEEP. It freaked us out because he just started playing with his Neptune music crib thingie and that's all we heard over the monitor! Not one sound - minus the 2 sneezes - out of him and then he went back to sleep after about a 1/2 hour. WEIRD. He did EXACTLY what we wanted him to do BUT we didnt get the chance to put him in PJs and he didnt 'request' any food...

Finally at 3:30am he wakes up, nurses and goes back to sleep until 6:20 (UGH), or as I like to call it O'dark thirty. And then he was UP cause jesus, he'd had over 12 hours of sleep! I got in the shower after nursing him & left him with Daddy, fixed some coffee and then he was downstairs after "asking for" me (rolls eyes). We had stretch time & cereal (double serving) and then some avocado cause he was still asking for more UM UM...

And now he's napping (or noni as we say in our casa) - let's see how long that lasts for! Matias put him down so I'm not positive what time he went down actually...

Let's hope today is not a repeat of yesterday - it was hard on him to be so unsettled about every single thing he did (and let's not lie here, it was hard on me too). Yesterday was a total Woe is Me Day. Matias has been working somewhat "regular" hours lately too so not only do I have a whole weekend with just Liam & myself but I've been solo from waking till after bedtime for the past two days. And that is unusual for us - I usually get to clock out around 6:30PM and then just take care of his (Liam's) dinner and I can get various 'breaks' throughout the day if Matias is working from home, but those dont normally extend past doing the dishes without Liam in the same room, or taking a shower without rushing through it all...so this non-stop business has been tough & I'm wondering if he also misses his little chance times with Daddy throughout the day and at night...

babblebabblebabbleblah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he might be teething or an outside chance that he may have a little cold? Nine times out of ten when Matthew was that age that is what was bothering him but I remember feeling the EXACT same way.

Just a side note, I spent my first real time alone with Matthew when he was four weeks old and I almost went out of my mind. Kevin had a WEDDING to go to... GRRR... I told Kevin if we have another he will not do that again, I do not care whose wedding it is! LOL.

SO I do appreciate how you are feeling about this coming weekend. I would suggest making sure to plan to get out at least once or twice each day - that is how I made it through long stretchs of being alone with Matthew. It is not that I did not enjoy my time with him because I did but you can also do so many tummy times, bouncer times, etc before you start to get a little hinky. My favorite things to do were visiting with friends OR mall walking.

Hope it helps!

Christina :)

jennifer said...

I do think we are more firmly placing our feet in Teething Territory! He ended up sleeping from 9:30-11something this morning!! Now he's happy as a clam and as normal as could be...