Can you believe it??!?!
It all started this afternoon when he woke up from his nap & Matias took him into the bathroom with him (TMI?) & decided that he wanted to go potty also. So he sat him up there & he went pee pee a little bit. We decided to go get his potty actually out of the box & set it up in his bathroom & introduce him to it. I showed him his potty chart that Auntie gave him with an Elmo activity book & he was really excited about it all.
We left to run some errands & he had some milk while we were out so when we got home, I asked him if he wanted to go pee pee on the potty & we went upstairs WHERE HE PEED ON THE POTTY ALL BY HIMSELF LIKE A BIG BOY!!! And we wiped, and flushed & washed our hands and came downstairs to celebrate with Dada. I told him the next time he has to go pee pee that he has to say "Mama, pee pee!" and he listened and we went on our merry train watching way.
About an hour later, he came over and said "Mama, pee pee!" and we rushed upstairs, pants off, diaper off & PEE PEE ON THE TOILET AGAIN!!!
When he went out with Dada to get dinner, I set up his potty chart on the fridge for him to see when he got home & the look on his face when I read it off to him & showed him all the check-marks he has already received - he was just beaming.
Then right before going to bed, he told me AGAIN that he had to go pee pee!!!
He's doing so well with this SO SO SO unexpectedly. NOT that I'm surprised he's doing so well at it but more unexpected that I'm doing this TODAY. I wasn't planning on potty training today but he wanted to & he's doing it so well that I'm just going with the flow (HA!). I hadn't done any research or reading on it but Nana is helping me along so I'm really just doing this by the seat of my pants (HA!).
Tomorrow, I'm returning our (unopened) carton of diapers, getting a smaller (in case of emergency) pack, some Pull Ups and maybe a portable potty since, of course, we are traveling this weekend. All three times (!!!!) we went pee pee on the potty, his diaper was dry :) I am really looking forward to the Pull Ups for the ease they will give me in getting his pants off quick enough but more importantly back up quick enough! He's, obviously, still at the stage where he's a tad fascinated with what he just did & his hands are quick so I'm struggling with a naked Fellow where as I would much rather be struggling with a Pulled Up Fellow just to help out with accidents & all around general "this is how we go to the bathroom" routine; which includes putting our pants back on. And not trying to grab the toilet paper in the potty.
I cannot believe my little boy is potty training. This is seriously happening really fast. I will really keep on top of it to ensure that we get it done right & done the first go round. Or at least I will try, I know there can be set backs but I feel like going full force on this one since he's picked up on it so quickly & so well.
We left to run some errands & he had some milk while we were out so when we got home, I asked him if he wanted to go pee pee on the potty & we went upstairs WHERE HE PEED ON THE POTTY ALL BY HIMSELF LIKE A BIG BOY!!! And we wiped, and flushed & washed our hands and came downstairs to celebrate with Dada. I told him the next time he has to go pee pee that he has to say "Mama, pee pee!" and he listened and we went on our merry train watching way.
About an hour later, he came over and said "Mama, pee pee!" and we rushed upstairs, pants off, diaper off & PEE PEE ON THE TOILET AGAIN!!!
When he went out with Dada to get dinner, I set up his potty chart on the fridge for him to see when he got home & the look on his face when I read it off to him & showed him all the check-marks he has already received - he was just beaming.
Then right before going to bed, he told me AGAIN that he had to go pee pee!!!
He's doing so well with this SO SO SO unexpectedly. NOT that I'm surprised he's doing so well at it but more unexpected that I'm doing this TODAY. I wasn't planning on potty training today but he wanted to & he's doing it so well that I'm just going with the flow (HA!). I hadn't done any research or reading on it but Nana is helping me along so I'm really just doing this by the seat of my pants (HA!).
Tomorrow, I'm returning our (unopened) carton of diapers, getting a smaller (in case of emergency) pack, some Pull Ups and maybe a portable potty since, of course, we are traveling this weekend. All three times (!!!!) we went pee pee on the potty, his diaper was dry :) I am really looking forward to the Pull Ups for the ease they will give me in getting his pants off quick enough but more importantly back up quick enough! He's, obviously, still at the stage where he's a tad fascinated with what he just did & his hands are quick so I'm struggling with a naked Fellow where as I would much rather be struggling with a Pulled Up Fellow just to help out with accidents & all around general "this is how we go to the bathroom" routine; which includes putting our pants back on. And not trying to grab the toilet paper in the potty.
I cannot believe my little boy is potty training. This is seriously happening really fast. I will really keep on top of it to ensure that we get it done right & done the first go round. Or at least I will try, I know there can be set backs but I feel like going full force on this one since he's picked up on it so quickly & so well.
3 comments:
That is so awesome! Yay, Liam! :) I'm so jealous...we're not even close to that yet. :(
We are really celebrating here! I didn't think he was this close myself! All came quickly & as a surprise :)
hahaha - the part about trying to grab the paper in the potty is all too familiar. just wait until he poos in the potty as well... (TMI? ;))
congratulations on the big step(s)!
Post a Comment