Liam discovered the moon last week during the full moon cycle & he gets so giddy pointing it out to us in the sky at night, I love it...
In his ABC album I made him, I used a moon picture for M & now he sits & calls it "moon" every time he flips to that page. He's even started to call his Earth picture a moon :)
His vocabulary is coming along nicely, I think he is a little on the shy side so he's a boy of few words but his gibberish is expanding too! Liam is one to choose context over content any day - meaning he will use his words properly and not just repeat a random word out of context. He calls a cat a cat & a banana a banana, you know? He has also really grasped the concept of Water & will sign it whenever he spots any source of water - if he sees rain on a video, a pond, a pool, if you have the faucet running, etc.
4 comments:
Have you guys read Goodnight Moon? It is one of my favorites. I believe they make a chubby board version.
He has never shown any interest in it UNTIL this week! We read it a couple of times today :) Now he's digging it cause he knows everything in it & likes to point them all out - moon included!
i made a couple of paintings for the nursery when i was pregnant. one of them shows a bear on the moon. the other night i pointed out the real moon to him and he got all excited, pointed at the moon and kept repeating "bear!" "bear!". it's stupid little things like that, that make me so happy i could just cry.
We got Liam this new awesome painting (from Target) with the solar system & robots & flying saucers & rockets (I LOVE this thing!) but I particularly love saying "that's Uranus" when he points to that planet ;) Cause I'm 12 years old like that.
Post a Comment