Monday, August 27, 2007

Be careful, it's a big world out there!

Someone has learned how to open the front door. On his own. Reason #63596036 to attempt to get a certain Dada to keep the door locked.

Thankfully, it's on the ground floor, where most of the rest of the house is not, so he doesn't spend much time cavorting down there, unless he's playing games with Dada in his office.

It's one thing to open sliding doors, it's another to open the kind of door the front door is...the handle with the thumb-knob-push-it-down kind. He can also open the veranda door which is a french lever kind. And he gets the lazy susan open even though it's got a child lock on it.

And the dishwasher...it's better to keep it locked although that means you can turn that neat little knob to turn it on because otherwise he can open it up and climb inside and play with knifes and not-for-bebe stuff. It's the little trade offs that make it so much fun :)

I'm telling you the truth when I say he will NEVER EVER KNOW that the TV stands have drawers in/on (?) them. He will 18 going to college (UVA naturally) and be in utter shock when we open them up in front of him. Same goes for the ottomans. May he NEVER EVER KNOW that there's a neat little space in there.

Ahem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here in Alberta, about 3 years ago, a child (I'm guessing at 18 months, but not sure) who opened the door in the middle of the night and got stuck outside in the freezing snow. She survived, but had some damage to her feet or hands. At that time I wondered how the child could open the door. I guess you need to put chain locks high up on the doors. That's amazing that he can open doors already.
Grauntie jean