I've been trying to get the household chores and such under control since we've brought Liam Fellow home with us & even though it hasnt been BAD it's been noticable, esp. since I am home 100% of the time now - not something I can sweep under the rug (HA! look! a housecleaning metaphor!) and pretend it isnt there, I see it for 12 hours a day! So anyway...I decided to come up with a Weekly Schedule to hopefully get all the chores and tasks done in a timely manner instead of rushing around trying to clean EVERYTHING in one day -that will NEVER happen even with a Good Liam Fellow in the house. Ok, so I've come to grips with these new terms now let's make a List!
That's another thing - I was talking with David this weekend & he was asking me about being a SAHM and how I am adjusting to it. I had to make a concentrated effort to run my new life & house like I would my Job & Office - I make lists & I complete them, daily & weekly. I consider my Mommy Group Events to be Meetings & since they are on the calendar it makes it 100% easier to make sure I get out of the house and go do something as opposed to something like this - "hmmm, maybe I'll do something today..." which leads to no where - except for me staring at the cat fur that appeared once again on the floor and wondering just how do these cats not manage to be bald considering all the mother loving fur they drop every fricking night...
If you already havent started laughing at me for this Weekly Schedule you may commence NOW. I created it on Tuesday & I'm already two days behind :) BUT BUT BUT as long as they GET DONE in this weeks' time period, that's all that matters in the end. Partly, I can blame leaving the house from 10-3 yesterday for not getting Mommy Laundry done & it's got me thinking that I pretty sure I dont want to clean the bathrooms today either BUT I have a List & a Guide and I know that if I stick to it (even loosely) that I will get it all done in time and not lose my ever loving mind trying to clean this house with a baby in my arms & two cats underfoot.
No comments:
Post a Comment