So in about 3.5 hours I will be at the hospital awaiting my protisin gel insertion.
There was no change in the amount that I had dilated and now I'm at 41 weeks.
The stress test showed no indication of immeadiate risk - great heartbeat and fantastic movement. I had a little Jjeopardy! buzzer thing that I needed to hit everytime the Bebe moved and of course, everytime the nurse left the room he?she was ALL over the place. I'm sure he?she was just waiting until he?she had the room to him?herself.
Just think, by tomorrow I can stop doing the he?she!
There was some stressful moments when Matias was trying to get the information he wanted/needed from the doctor about WHY we induce and at WHAT point. I decided to go ahead with the induction tomorrow since we are already at 41 weeks and the risks just get bigger and more complicated as time passes. It's been tough getting past the 'this is NOT going to be a Natural birth' - as the dr. said today "it already isnt natural since you are past your due date". I struggled with this last week and I think Matias is still struggling with it and not wanting to 'give up' quite yet.
So it's rough on us. I got some reassurances about pitocin though and even though the delivery will be harder on me (bedridden and immobile), there will be NO introduction of drugs into the baby's system - which is the bottom line issue for me.
And I know that rarely does anything go the way one plans, this is common sense BUT as we all know who have been through this, that it is still disheartening and a little heartbreaking to have to alter your 'plans' for whatever reasons. I havent fully resigned myself to having this birth fully deviate from our plan BUTI do know that the plan has been altered and I'm trying my best not to interfere with the natural course of things OR force anything upon the Bebe - if we can jump start this process into motion, I would be most happy.
And to lighten this all up - the Cat is LITERALLY in the cradle.
Monkey discovered the cradle last night & has decided to make it his new sleep spot. He's too freaking cute in that thing...all balled up with his head resting on the bumper pads looking as innocent as can be. Why he had to wait until the DAY BEFORE we went into the hospital is beyond me...
1 comment:
Good Luck! You're in our thoughts and prayers today!!!
Post a Comment