Beyond the fact that I was only dilated about 1 cm or a ‘fingertip’ and I’m not sleeping more than 3 hours a night and nothing during the day we have been running into major problems controlling Mystic’s urge to pee on the new carpets and it’s taking its toll on both of us in different ways.
I haven’t been answering the phone since I finally can get some sleep in the mornings when the phone starts ringing when I really just need to rest and focus on getting this Bebe here. I’ve been spending a lot of time watching TV and not feeling very productive, but I don’t have the energy to do too much or get too involved in any new ‘projects’ so I sit here and wait.
There’s been a lot going on at home and I just need some time to process it all and work it all out on my own.
So for a while I’m going to be going Radio Silent BUT I will try and be better with some updates about the Bebe and what’s going on there.
40th Week Check-In Stats:
1) lost 1 pound – thankful I didn’t gain any
2) blood pressure is really good still 170/26 – my notebook is downstairs so this number could be total gibberish
3) heartbeat around 150
4) cervix ripened but only dilated a ‘fingertip’
5) induction date scheduled for 7.19
Bebe is STILL so active – YAY! Got a pedicure yesterday and my feet have been feeling wonderful and slightly less swollen during the day. It’s totally uncomfortable to sleep on EITHER side now during the night as I get massive acid-reflux and just want to puke. I HAVE TO sleep in a completely UPRIGHT position and that’s TOTALLY not happening. My belly is not happy when I try to get comfortable on my side (forget the acid reflux) and, if for example, I’m lying on my left side, the right side of my belly is so ‘stretched’ that it HURTS – like a pulling sensation so I end up moaning and groaning and just generally being unhappy.
I haven’t lost my mucus plug or had any bloody show or any leakage – but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything where progress is concerned – some people just don’t have any of those three things happen – or at least VISIBLY happen. So…
Please bear with me if it seems as if I’m ignoring you – to an extent I am – but it’s not personal. It is truly me that needs this time to myself. We have our announcement list and phone lists ready and in our packed bags so don’t worry – you’ll be alerted to our departure to the hospital!
Just for right now, I’m going to go on that Radio Silent mode and see how that works for me.
Wrapping it up – if I don’t go into labor manually I will be going in on 7.19 no matter what. So Bebe will be here in less than a week REGARDLESS.
And with that - YAY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment