Tuesday, July 04, 2006

38th & 39th Week Check-ins!


Gonna have to double up these posts as the weeks are flying by quicker than I can get my posting of my stats act together!

38th Week Check-in

1) slight weight gain

2) 126/84 blood pressure

3) Trace of protein in my urine (not high enough to cause any concern and typical for this late stage

4) Heartbeat in the mid 140s

5) Mamacita measured in at 38” – once AGAIN spot on.

6) No dilation but cervix had softened

So once again, everything and everyone checked in as normal & on target!!

39th Week Check-in

1) Lost ½ a pound! PHEW – was hoping to not gain anymore!!

2) 122/74 blood pressure – nice that the bottom number came down a bit

3) No protein in my urine

4) Heartbeat 144

5) Mamacita measured at 36” cause BEBE DROPPED!! Must have been that lovely PUNCHING sensation I felt – nothing like ‘lightening’ by the way.

6) Cervix thinned

7) NO dilation AT ALL.

8) Head FULLY down in cervix – so much so that even if they wanted to induce they would not be able to BREAK MY WATER cause the head is so much in the way!

Now we are just waiting for Mamacita to get her act together & start dilating!! GAH!! We are in the final 7 days, folks! I haven’t had any Braxton Hicks or any contractions – I have had some new, strange, sensations but nothing that I would classify as Contractions & nothing that happened more than once in a 24 hour period. So we wait. For me to dilate. Due date still looks around the 11th but of course that’s merely a guideline…

I created our Phone Lists & Birth Plans to be printed off…phone list is for us to carry around ourselves and plan is to give to the hospital. I finished up my shopping – still have to get some baskets but I’m somewhat slacking on that cause I just don’t think it should be so hard to find what I’m looking for so I’m just going to lay off of that for a bit and then just get what I need when I need it. Ordered my nursing bras – couldn’t find the ones I wanted anywhere – can you tell me why Babies R Us or even Baby Depot don’t sell nursing bras? All they need to do is put them in with all the other feeding/nursery gear and they’d be set…

We have to pack our Hospital Bag(s) & Diaper Bag for Bebe this week still but I have the lists written out for those and the only thing I have to buy for that is some reading material for when my contractions are still far enough apart that I’m not losing my mind…

I have to create an email announcement list & see if Grandmamcita wants to Live Blog from the Waiting Room at the hospital…there is wireless internet access from the rooms so I’ll try and have pictures up ASAP!!

I have 3 more days left at work & the replacement we are, hopefully, hiring is out of town all this week so there will be no on-hands training for her so I really have to get going on writing this Training Manual…whoops…

Thankfully, the temperature is supposed to drop into the pleasant 80s for the rest of the week and not the horrible 90s we’ve been experiencing the past 2-3 days. The heat is going to bring me down, I think, so I’m thankfully that it will only be in the 80s and I can hopefully get some productive work done.

I did 3 loads of 0-3 month and receiving blankets laundry today – I am just so not sure if we have enough & I’m being dead serious. I don’t know how much we need or how much we’ll go through – except “a lot” – so I’m not real confident I actually bought enough. I suppose only time will tell! I got the basket for the bathroom supplies and have all that set up now!! Need to do one more load of burp cloths and plain old white onesies & then I think we are totally done. My nursing chair has shipped, I got my Boppy slip cover, and the last ‘shipment’ to come is the nursing bras. I got some board books that I NEEDED to have in our starter collection & discovered that Julie Andrews writes kids books!! So I got the one called “Bo goes to France” with a fluffy grey cat in front of the Eifel Tower on the cover – couldn’t pass it up really. We even looked through the Spanish language books and just didn’t see one we HAD to have – we being Amanda & I, naturally.

Now, I’m just not sure what to do with the things, like the playmate and papasan chair, do we set those up before the Bebe comes home? It’s not like we’ll be using them RIGHT AWAY but it would probably be good just to have them set up…so who thinks I’m Nesting? HA.

Oh, Grandmamacita – I have a question for you!! Do I need to wash the crib sheets? I have to finish putting that together & not sure if I need to clean anything before I do!!!

I asked Matias to shave my legs and he said no. He claimed he didn’t want to take the chance of cutting me but even after I assured him my ankles/legs were too swollen for him to nick the most nick-able of places he still resisted. So I struggled this afternoon and got it done myself – wasn’t THAT hard, I just held onto the towel bar (why is there a towel bar on the inside of the shower stall anyway?) and tried to keep my leg balanced on the wall and when that stopped working I just bent over and prayed I didn’t topple all the way over or puke on the way back up.

1 comment:

Shayna said...

i can't believe how close you are! can't wait to see pictures when the bebe arrives...