Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Montreal - Sunday

Sunday morning we had to head back over to The Condo so that Carol could go to church & we were with GG so after breakfast we packed up our stuff for the day & again, said goodbye to the "wow-wow" & Barbabra (a name Liam picked up real quick!). We let him run around and play in the car before heading over - the rental car had one of those new fangled keys that looks like a USB stick but that did not deter Liam from figuring out how to start the car himself!


This is Liam's International Sign for Charlie Brown!

Running around outside of Wright Base. I absolutely ADORE this picture.


After Liam had lunch & was put down for his nap, my dad & I headed over to Canada Drive-In for some smoked meat sammiches! Total Montreal classic right there & although they are not the most stellar offerings, they are very good indeed & it was Matias' first introduction to them. I had brought an Mini Everyday Easel for GG to put up in her room complete with a very cute picture of Liam playing at the playground so I gave that to her & she seemed to enjoy it very much. My plan is to send one every other month and then she can put the old one in an album and at the end of the year (or so) she will have a completed album of what Liam has been up to.


Liam ready for lunch at The Condo. Carol had borrowed a highchair that was a tad on the old fashioned side because I think it was old! He loved banging on the metal tray though & I think the pink seats nicely compliments his coloring.


We were heading back over to Wright Base for a BBQ dinner with Mike's sister, Pat & her husband Allan so when Carol got home & Liam was up from his nap, we kind of left in a whirlwind of activity. For some reason, Liam got up & wanted to GO, he wanted to specifically go in the car, like RIGHT NOW. So, I grabbed all his stuff & we dutiful followed the Fellow out back to the car! I don't know what comes over him sometimes but when he is ready to go he is Ready To Go - he'll go grab his shoes, his bag & find the keys and off to the car we must go. Like right that minute or it's a quick trip to Meltdown City!

Dinner was fantastic & Matias was very pleased with the menu of Meat - his favorite food, you know! Liam played and played and played with Casper some more - Christian & his girlfriend, Kristy were out back with him playing and eventually Casper let him RIDE ON HIS BACK. Which, I'm assuming was a very big hit. For some reason, Liam had started drinking all sorts of juice, something he normally doesn't do at home but he totally chugged Christian's limeade in about 4 large chulps - even before Christian got a chance to have any himself!


Me with Auntie Barbara and of course, The Meat.

We put Liam in his stroller when we had dinner, hoping it would motivate him to eat with us & actually have something other than yogurt or his beloved apple sauce. He did manage to eat about 6 or so bites of SHRIMP! Very much warmed Matias' heart that his son enjoyed those god awful creatures - Mama had a hard enough time touching them to feed them to him! He started to get a little squirrelly & Casper started getting a little too friendly with the easy access vantage point of the stroller being at Lick Level so we put a Charlie Brown on for him & he chilled out while Casper was sent outside (hot-side as Liam calls it!).


From left to right around the table -
Jen, Kristy, Nana, Allan, Barbara, Mike, Pat, Grandpa & Christian. You can spy Liam in his stroller!

After dinner the women flocked to Liam's side as he watched a Baby Einstein - it was so cute to see Barbara, Pat & Nana adoring him & just generally loving on him. Meanwhile, the Men Folk had retreated to the basement for a game of darts! I put Liam to bed but happen to fall asleep myself (it was one of the Butt Crack O' Dawn mornings) but managed to pull myself out of bed (it was one of those Will Only Fall Asleep in Bed with You night-nights) and join everyone downstairs.

It was so nice to be able to spend time with everyone and not have to worry about what Liam was up to or if he would behave properly - he was so great about everything. He never touched anything he wasn't supposed to - minus the little donkey statue that he tried to ride but, come on, that would tempt anyone! He was well behaved with Casper, learning to turn away when the licking got too much and was even beginning to throw his toys for him to fetch. It's always so sweet to watch him warm up to other people & how he favors Nana above all else (even me sometimes!) - even though he will pull the If I Go to Nana I Will Not Get in Trouble Card - which, hello, doesn't work Charlie, sorry! I didn't have to worry about him 'offending' anyone with his Toddler Ways or throwing any tantrums because the boy was happy the entire time & that always makes Mama happy too!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I just love reading about your adventures with Liam!

I think this is my favorite line: "He never touched anything he wasn't supposed to - minus the little donkey statue that he tried to ride but, come on, that would tempt anyone! " It totally made me smile.

Christina Schmidt said...

Hey you may know this...

http://nathanielcharles.blogspot.com/2008/06/changes.html

jennifer said...

I found out on the blog with you too.