Monday, May 26, 2008

A Son's Love

Liam & Matias have been going out for wagon adventures just about every evening after work & before dinner. They are gone for long stretches of time, exploring the "river", the woods & clambering around the adjacent developments playground as it is superior to ours.

And they seem to have a new ritual added into their adventures & it's one I'm loving very much. Liam has been bringing me home a lone flower, plucked from neighboring gardens or along their wagon trail! He presents it to me each time with a very proud "Mama!", hands it to me & gives me a hug & a kiss. I put each and every stem in a bud vase on our mantle & every single time I look at it or spy it out of the corner of my eye, my heart expounds & I smile knowing that my son was thinking of me & brought me home a gift of love.

He's getting so big, so smart, so caring, so affectionate these days. The hugs are harder, complete with little 'back pats', the kisses are louder & juicier & the words "I love you" (I believe) are close to leaving those little lips of his. I cannot wait for that day.

He tells me he loves in many, many ways. The little flowers handed to me with huge smiles shows me his love. I treasure them for we all know that little boys do not continue to give their Mamas stolen flowers for the rest of their lives, but he's reaching out now giving tokens of his love & I accept them gladly, with a larger smile on my face & such pride in my heart.


Mama loves you too, Liam Robert.


No comments: