Superbowl Sunday, Liam decided to eat himself out of food - he ate about 5 meals that day, ASKING for the food throughout the day. At first, we thought growth spurt but I wasn't under the impression that those lasted for 4 days...it was at that point that I decided he just wanted to EAT.
Here's a glimpse into his "old" Menu on any given day:
Breakfast ~ 4 oz. milk and either 3 mini pancakes or 1 piece of French toast slathered in butter then 1/2 a banana
Lunch ~ 4 oz. of milk and either 1 yogurt or 1 cottage cheese with fruit
PM Snack (after nap) ~ 7 oz. of milk and gerber snacks - definitely not what I would consider a Meal
Dinner ~ 4 oz. of milk and either a jar of food or one of those TV Dinner-looking things from Gerber
Now here's what his Menu looks like:
AM Pre-Breakfast Snack ~ 7 oz. of milk & 1/2 a banana (sometimes a whole one)
Breakfast ~ Pancakes or French toast & maybe the rest of the banana
Lunch ~ 7 oz. of milk and either a yogurt or cottage cheese AND an apple sauce
PM Snack ~ 5 oz. of milk & an apple sauce, or yogurt, or cottage cheese - he picks his own food out of the fridge now so it all depends on his whim. And yes, he will tell you no,no,no if he doesn't want what you have chosen for him.
Dinner ~ 7 oz. of milk plus some adult food! He's gotten really good at eating table foods (not always what we are eating cause that's not always ready...) so we've pulled back on the jarred food route & are keeping him with adult food & those Toddler Entrees that look like TV Dinners. And then usually he'll have a yogurt or an apple sauce.
He constantly has snacks at his disposal throughout the day so he's always got something to eat. And this is a big kick up from the total amount of food that he was consuming - strange too cause they say that Toddlers eat less but I'm seriously considering the fact that he heard me tell the doctor that I would like him to gain some more weight ;)
I'm very pleased with this turn of events though cause I would like my little slim jim to put some pounds on even though there's nothing to be Concerned over, I would just like him with like 2-3 more pounds on him. He only gained like 2 pounds since he last check & I just didn't feel like that was enough, you know?
He's been eating really well with his "real food" though - eating 1/2 boxes of mac & cheese, fish & chips that Matias made, chicken fingers (again) & just generally being really good about trying new foods! I'm trying to shove as much new stuff in him while he's on the this eating spree cause who knows how long it will last!
1 comment:
Sounds like a growth spurt to me! Matthew goes through phases like there where there is not enough food in the house to satiate him! We are like ahhh do you really want another banana... it is almost a disappointment when he stops doing this like OH NO what is wrong with him!? That is weird! Any who, have a fun trip! OHHH you will be so close - I wish we could see you guys!
Post a Comment