Thursday, April 26, 2007

Our Adventure with Mr. Don

Last week, or so, I took Liam to the local independent coffee shop to watch/listen to Mr. Don, a local preformer of childrens songs...he was a maniac.

I tried to sit in the back with the other mothers of 9 month olds, that lasted for about 2 minutes when Liam decided to get down & explore his immediate surroundings. I would you to note that the little girl who was 9 1/2 months & the little boy who was born on the same day as Liam rarely left their mother's laps - IN FACT - the little boy NEVER EVEN BUDGED. Sure, he smiled & possibly laughed but he did not move one inch. My little boy on the other hand had to CRAWL ON CEMENT to the front & hang out/dance/explore with all the little kids. He even got an instrument to play with. When he wasnt crawling (mainly because Mommy picked him up so that he didn't get run the hell over when other kids were doing the Conga) he was in my arms with my dancing away like a crazy lady WHILE ALL THE OTHER MOTHERS STOOD THERE AND WATCHED ME. If this wasn't my son's blog, I would use very bad words here to tell you how I feel about people staring at me for dancing with my son because he is enjoying himself. But it is his blog, so I won't :)

With that said, Liam had a fantastic time! I'll be taking him back the next time Mr. Don graces us with his presence - this time I'll have the $5 suggested donation that my Mommy's Group neglected to tell anyone about in the posting of said event. He squealed & cheered after almost every song & throughly enjoyed the Extended Version of Old McDonald - got extremely squealy during the "sheep" part which is something new for him - normally the cow really does it for him.

It did take him a long time to unwind to take his nap - he was already pushing nap time back as it was & then he didn't end up going down until about an hour later than normal. I'm just chalking that up to not being able to calm down :)

And since this was one of the first Mommy's Groups event I could attend with Liam actually participating in it only seems right that no one else showed. Unless those women staring...

No comments: