Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Liam Robert’s 4 Month Checkup


Liam went to the doctor today for his 4 month checkup (he’s really 18 weeks old though) & to get his second round of shots.

And the numbers are in!!

Length 27” – OFF THE CHART!!! LITERALLY!!! BIG BOY!!!

Weight 14 lbs. 4 oz – YAY!! He gained 3 pounds since our last check!! Even though he’s still on the skinny side, we’re bumping up his cereal intake so that will help him get the calories he needs!!

Head Circ 16 ¾” – his noggin grew ¾ of an inch since his last check!! They aren’t concerned about his remaining flat spot since most of the rest of his head evened out, we’re just waiting on less back time and more upright time to take care of that naturally! YAY! Our son doesn’t need a HELMET!!

YAY! GOOD JOB LIAM ROBERT!

We are stepping up his cereal intake to ½ cup TWO times a day – whoa! He had his lunch today and ½ a cup is a TON but he loved it and got his full so Mommy is happy. It seems he wasn’t getting enough calories from the Pimp Juice since he was waking up so often in the night the past few weeks or so. Next week, after we try out the 2x a day cereal, we will be stepping it up to VEGGIES!! WOW!! Our boy is growing up so quickly!! Seems it’s all happening so quickly. Too quickly, sometimes. He doesn’t need Mommy anymore. *weeping*

He did REALLY well with his shots, only cried a little bit and then as soon as Daddy picked him up he STOPPED. Mommy decided that Daddy can hold his little arms down next time…don’t quite know how I got stuck doing that in the first place! He’s napping now, after his lunch, so we’ll see how long he is down for considering they say they are ‘supposed to’ sleep for longer when they get their shots. Think they take Cat Nappers into account!


I’m really happy with his weight gain since I was starting to get worried that he wasn’t getting enough (I guess Mother’s Instincts are right on spot, eh?) with just Pimp Juice so I’m glad he gained a nice amount but I am looking forward to him putting on a few more by the end of January!

He needs to move out of his infant car seat by 29”, so we only have two more inches and then we need a new one – but this one will last him through toddler-hood so it’s not that big of a “strain” since he’ll be using it for YEARS! And I don’t think they are overly expensive either for what you are getting – just spread out the cost over the years you will be using it!

I’m really relieved that Liam gained weight and that we are moving towards helping him put more on in the upcoming week but still the little inkling of a thought of how I (or my body) has somehow failed him is still sneaking in. I’m just MORE thankful that we decided to give him cereal and not wait and have him go ‘hungry’ for a week when he didn’t need to.

No comments: