Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Things That Really Kind of Suck
(written so that you don’t think I’ve gone some kind of delusional and wacko during this pregnancy and am now all rainbows and unicorns)
1) Not being able to wear my wedding rings and feeling like people just think I’m “knocked up” and not married also
2) Not being able to sit cross legged – especially at work – I would love to be able to alternate the way that I sit here at my desk all day long
3) Not being able to smoke – don’t listen to anyone when they say the craving goes away and so does the attitude cause that’s total bullshit
4) I miss our Tavern. We’ve gone twice in the past week or so and each time I just miss going there and relaxing with a drink (or 10) and a smoke (or 10) and singing along to the jukebox
5) Not being able to shave my legs properly. It’s somewhat difficult in the new shower (large shower stall separate from soaking tub) that has no edge for me to prop my foot on and the fact that I cannot really see the entirety of my lower body area
6) (I was going to write that I can only wear one TYPE of shoe & then I realized that “jesus, Jen, they’re FLIP FLOPS that’s all you WEAR anyway” but yeah, I would at least like to make that CHOICE!!)
7) Not knowing if I need to fantasize about little pink, frilly dresses or dark, solid polo shirts with trains and trucks and possible monkeys on them…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I dont really miss the drinking, but I DO miss the activities that surround it, you know? The socialness of it all...I suppose!
thank god on my bare knees that my blood pressure is so scandalously rock solid, that i can still drink coffee (albeit not the 6 cups a day that i used to drink).
now that it's getting ridiculously warm, i miss sipping on rose wine in the garden at the end of the day though. instead i drink an alcohol free beer whenever we have friends over. that kinda does the (social) trick.
i really, really miss smoking. i'm not denying it. the first time i can drink my coffee with the obligatory smoke is the one thing i'm looking forward to the most. what can i say. i'm pathetic.
Post a Comment