Ok, I think we can all collectively FREAK OUT now – I am now only 3 weeks away from my due date.
WHAT?!?!? This has either been the fastest 10 months EVER or I’ve just totally lost track of time altogether.
I’m starting to get a little nervous but so far nothing that I cannot handle just the little things are starting to make me squeak a bit.
So without further ado, here are my stats for this week:
1) I gained 5 pounds. WHOOPS. I’m SO totally hoping this is all water weight and when/if you see my ankles you will probably agree with me. And if you don’t, I’ll just punch you in the face until you do agree with me. GRIN. So I’ve gained a total of 30 lbs. over these 37 weeks. Was hoping to stay under the 30 lb. mark but I suppose we will just see what happens with the water weight over the next couple of weeks…
2) Blood pressure is 122/84 – bottom number went up a bit but still in a really good range
3) Bebe heartbeat is in the “high 140s” HA! Try and apply your voodoo witch doctor logic to that one! This one is keeping everyone guessing! Definitely, OUR kid!
4) Mamacita's Belly is measuring at 37”
Dare I brag that the doctor said this was a “PREFECT PREGNANCY”??!?! I am inclined to agree with that myself – well prefect BEBE not necessarily the perfect PREGNANCY for Mamacita in the ‘let’s not forget who had The Sickness for 16 weeks’ sort of way, but if the Bebe is healthy, I don’t really care. So if you happen to ask me how I’m doing/feeling, etc don’t be surprised if I respond with PERFECT. But I’m sure you knew that already, eh?
We are starting our interviews today for my Mat Leave replacement – not a lot of people took any interest in it because it’s only a 6 month contract position so I hope we can find something out of the slim pickings (but with good resumes) we have.
The 8 hour work days are really killing me and then add in the 1 ½ commute EACH WAY and my day is just way too long AND that doesn’t count everything I do once I get home AND that doesn’t take into consideration how JAM PACKED our weekends have been! Tired. I’m so TIRED. But I’m taking care of myself and doing everything I can to make sure I’m at least SAFE while doing all the things I need to be doing – drinking plenty of fluids, taking breaks when I need them, relaxing when I get even a moment, and treating myself to Peanut Butter Cups (hello, 5 lbs!). I am able to “sneak” out of the office early when my boss is traveling (I could probably do it when she is here but I’d rather not!) and at least get home earlier than normal so that DOES help out a LOT. My patience/tolerance level is dipping back down though – but that definitely has something to do with being tired and grumpy and not liking the people who are annoying me in the first place. HEH.
I’m so excited though for everyone coming into town this weekend for the Freak Family Fest at CASANOVA (and maybe go see a DMB show!) – I cannot wait to see pregnant RACH! And all my girls are in town (Nikki, your cousin really DOES suck) and all Matias’ boys are in town so we are ALL excited to see everyone and just spend some QUALITY FAMILY time together!! Yes, Grandmacita – that includes you too!! We’ll just have to make sure Bill doesn’t drop too many F-Bombs around you this year!
YAY!! SO EXCITED!!!
I’m making an EXTRA HUGE EFFORT to spend as MUCH quality time with the Kids (the monk and mystic have been upgraded from Babies to Kids since we are in fact “getting” a BABY soon…) as possible. I will miss being able to baby them as much as I do & I hope that they know they can go to Daddy for love also – both DO go to Daddy but it will just break my heart if they go lonely instead of seeking out love from him – we’ve made a point of Daddy KNOWING he has to take over some of Mommy’s LOVE DUTIES so…fingers crossed…I have to start having The Talk with them about the Newcomer, I suppose. We ARE getting that close…
I’ve got our Babysitter on Stand By for Mystic’s insulin in case Grandmacita isn’t in town during the time frame Missy Mys needs to get shot up…so I think I’m starting to get everything under control. Maybe. Yeah, I do. I think. HA.
Ok, back to work, I go – I have to get ready for the interview this afternoon!
BUT before I go I’ve got two more things to say!!
LET’S GO CANES!!! CONGRATS TO CAM WARD!!! and GO GET ‘EM ARGENTINA!!
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
37-Week Check in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment