Sunday, March 12, 2006

Mother Ducker.

When my mom and sister were here last weekend they brought us quite a few bebe goodies!! We got stocked up on all things Duckie!! I got a bunch of layette outfits and blankies – which are just adorable.

Thing is – anything in “Neutral” is ALL ducks, ALL the time. We went shopping also and I couldn’t find a single thing in “Neutral” that was cute enough to buy. I ended up getting one outfit from Janie & Jack that is for a boy but it’s green and has grasshoppers on it so it’s not TOO BOY. And it says Love Bug, so who could resist that. And I got a bib and blankie from Gymboree that is boy also, but it’s neutral “enough” to pass. It’s really aggravating that I cannot find anything decent. Almost everything is DUCKS. And Grandma wiped them all out, I think!! They are so cute though!! We had them take them back home since we will be moving in May and really don’t have the room to store any extra goodies at the moment…hence the reason I’ve somewhat forgotten to written about the adorable stash of newborn clothes we just got!!

Most unisex sections are really boring or just have like two choices but I did just look at Target and they have PLENTY for us to choose from – THANK YOU! So although we wont be registering them (damn them and their horrible registries!!) we will be maxing out our charge cards, I’m sure!

Why is it so hard to make unisex clothes for newborns? If little boys OR little girls can wear them people who know what they are having would buy them also, right??

And why are all kitty things pink and doggie things blue?!?! WE ARE NOT DOG PEOPLE, PEOPLE.

Matias says I’m making this more complicated than it is & I probably am BUT it’s really aggravating to go shopping and either already own everything (thanks Grandma!!) or not even have any options, beyond Ducks that is. And his, typical male, response is “just get white onesies and that’s all we need”. I try not to argue but, please, we know that’s not going to happen. I just don’t want him OR her to be naked cause I couldn’t find cute clothes. Ok, yeah after writing that last sentence I do feel I’m making this a little more than it really is.

I suppose it’s just hard not knowing and not being able to Plan – it’s not the hardest thing in the world but it sure is tough when you come across smocked dresses or little overalls and you just have to wait LONGER.

And there’s TONS of monkey stuff out there but, seriously, we need to be careful about buying monkey stuff since we have a cat named monkey and all…and some of it is just ugly. HEH. And I honestly don’t know how unisex monkey stuff is…the few pieces I have ARE light yellow and light brown not bright colors so I am fine with that…

So, THANKS GRANDMA & AUNTIE LEANNE!! We love the goodies you bought us!!

No comments: