Today was your typical, average, rainy Monday but for some reason there are a few things that Liam & I did or said today that have stuck out in my mind & I thought I would write them down to commit them to memory.
While he was eating lunch I bent down to cup his face in my hands & give him a kiss. This is not something new for me to do but this time he grabbed my wedding rings & asked me who gave them to me. I told him Dada gave them to me when we got married in our church and he said "no, Nana gave them to you" and I laughed & pointed out my earrings & said "no, Nana gave me these" and he grabbed my rings again and said "no, Pa gave you these". The conversation doesn't mean much but I loved that he sat there twirling my rings around trying to guess or figure out who gave them to me.
Just now when I was saying goodnight to him, instead of him telling me he loves me (Which, hello? Melty heart!) he told me "Mama, I miss you".
When he woke up from his nap he asked if he could "go to Kim's again & play with the blue Play-Doh". He had asked to leave the playdate this morning, several times, in fact and when we finally left, I asked him once we got settled in the car why he had wanted to leave so badly and he said "I miss Dada, I wanna see Dada, please". So we came home to see Dada cause Liam missed him.
He already knows our new car is a Honda (Oh yeah, I owe you a post about that, don't I?!) & will point out & count all the Hondas on the road. We call it Our Car, as opposed to Mama's [green] car or Dada's [blue] car, and he will call out "another Honda, it's Our Car!"
I gave him an older model iPod shuffle to call his Own & he's loving it. Took it shopping with us today & skipped through just about all the songs loaded on there while we were on the road. He recognizes all his music loaded on there & happily calls out "Baby Einstein" whenever his classical tracks come on. So now, Dada has the iTouch, Mama has the Pink iTouch (old school mini) and he has his White iTouch.
This week seems like a bust to an extent cause of Spring Break - why are all OUR classes cancelled cause others aren't in school? Both art class & soccer have been cancelled & I think that bites. I've been able to filly up our time with playdates & I've got some errands to run but he loves his classes so much that I hate to have them missing from our schedule. We are heading to CT for Easter this weekend so I've got plenty to do before we leave to keep us busy, I suppose, but I just like our Scheduled Events to help fill our days.
I've posted some pictures from Nana & Pa's Monthly Fellow Fix on Dropshots - some are in March and some are in Feburary from their prior visit. There's some especially adorable ones of Liam at a Valentine's Day playdate wearing his tuxedo ;)
Until next time; may all your rainy, typical, Monday bring you immense happiness & bebes telling you they miss you before you have even left the room.
2 comments:
I think I love the age Liam is at second only to the newborn stage. They are so sweet, honest and loving without any reasons attached - love that!
I am loving this age (minus the squabbles) and it's so nice to hear him say he loves us (actually he only says it to me!) and misses us. He's a sweet boy & I have no problem continuing to encourage that in him :)
Post a Comment