Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Liam Fellow Catch-up

Things Liam can do now

I’ve been very remiss about chronicling Liam’s progress lately, I’ve just been too busy keeping up with him!

But tonight after a very tiring & button-pushing dinner, I feel I need to tell you all the glorious things he is doing these days – plus the nice wine & seltzer is helping the love return.

Tonight our neighbor (real, next door to our house, neighbor) was coming home from work & we were playing on the front veranda and she said to me “I cannot believe how big he has gotten!” & it struck me both really sweet & a little strange at the same time as these are the most words we’ve said to each other in over a year. I’ve got nothing against this women & it was me who last spoke to her about something but it made me stop & wonder (in a nice way) how she “knew” Liam had gotten so much bigger, you know? And he was waving to her the entire time – little big boy he is!

Also since he broke his Beatles CD he is no longer going to sleep with music – only thing for me to point out is that I no longer have to endure Yellow Submarine day in and day out.

I think I’m going to have to cut this to a Grocery List of Things Liam can do now, hope y’all don’t mind!

1) Blow kisses – he uses the back of his hand to do it & makes a nice smacking sound while doing it

2) Calls out for you when he wants you or cannot find you

3) WALKS UP SLIDES and then reluctantly sits down upon my insistence to slide back down them

4) Drinks milk from a sippy cup

5) Requests songs that he wants sung to him during meal time – this just started last week but it is really too darn cute. His favorite right now is London Bridge & if you happen to sing the wrong song he makes that face Nathan makes. And then pulls his ears or sticks his fingers in them. Row Your Boat is also a close runner-up recently.

6) Calls every character from Sesame Street LaLa, although I think something close to Grover came out today.

7) Is going to need his 2nd haircut within the next two weeks for sure.

8) Can go down stairs quite confidently now although I’m not too confident about it

9) Is just about running. RUNNING, people.

10) Says Thank You at the right times

11) Grew a molar & I think there are at least two more teefies coming in!

12) Discovered a new way to “tuckle” – he curls up against you & then tucks his arms underneath his torso and puts his head on your shoulder. It’s really cute & can last more than 4 seconds sometimes!

13) Appears to get carsick – you really do not want to know how we discovered this

14) Calls out Mama when he wakes up from his naps

15) Is afraid of getting off the beds by himself – he reaches out for our hands & will then slide off

I’m sure there’s much, much more but alas, this is all that is coming to me at the moment!

I’ll try & be much better for everyone’s sake about updating his going ons!

No comments: